Personal Injury Case Value Calculator
After an accident, California law allows remedies for victims to seek compensation from the responsible parties. If you are a victim and considering filing an injury claim, you are most likely wanting to know how much your case is worth.
In personal injury cases, monetary damages can be negotiated by the victim, responsible party, and their personal injury attorney in what is known as an out-of-court settlement. If a case settlement can't be reached, a judge may order monetary damages following a trial.
Accurately calculating an exact amount of monetary damages that would be considered a fair amount for your physical injuries, lost wages, lost earning capacity, emotional suffering, is very challenging.
Our team of Los Angeles personal injury attorneys focus on first investigating your case, preserving evidence, to obtain the highest possible outcome. We guarantee one on one service, dedication, and tenacious representation to obtain a successful settlement or jury verdict. We frequently receive questions from clients regarding the value of their personal injury case.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
The facts and evidence of every personal injury case is unique and there is simply no way to accurately predict what your case will be worth in the end.
Calculating damages in a personal injury case is not an exact science. The specific circumstances and liability issues in a personal injury claim are always unique, but influenced by many similar factors.
After an extensive case review by a personal injury lawyer at our law firm, we will be able to offer you a reasonable estimate on how much money could be recovered. The exact value of your personal injury case will greatly depend on the type and severity of your injuries, along with the long-term consequences.
For example, a soft tissue injury, such as a strained muscle, will typically result in a smaller monetary award than a broken bones case. If your personal injury case involved a catastrophic injury, such as brain damage, the monetary award will climb much higher.
Factors That Influence The Value Of Your Personal Injury Case
The value of your Los Angeles personal injury case may be influenced by a number of factors, each of which remains in constant flux throughout the case and can change at any moment.
- What part of your body was injured?
- Were your injuries permanent and debilitating?
- Will you need extensive rehabilitation or long-term care?
- Did your injuries affect your quality of life and your ability to take care of your activities of daily living?
- Did you lose your job as a result of your injuries?
- Did your injury cause a loss of future earning capacity?
- Did your family life suffer as a result of your injuries?
- Did the injury cause anxiety, depression and emotional distress?
- Your age at the time of the accident
These questions and many more will all be considered in calculating the value of any Los Angeles personal injury case. Evidence supporting your injury claims must also be provided. It is not enough to simply say that you will lose work in the future, or that your marriage failed because of the injury.
Concrete proof must be provided. Typically, personal injury cases that involve substantial injuries, long-term recovery periods, will result in a considerably larger settlement.
Categories of Damages
When calculating potential damages in a Los Angeles personal injury case, it can be broken down into the most common categories of damages:
- Medical expenses – this would include all medical bills up to the time of settlement, along with anticipated expenses for hospital visits for treatments and medication
- Lost income – any compensation in a personal injury case will typically factor in an amount of wages already lost by the victim, along with an estimated loss of earnings due to future inability to work.
- Pain and suffering – while there is no set dollar amount, pain and suffering damages could cover for injuries that have impacted your life
- Loss of enjoyment – when injuries impact the quality of your life, such as participating in normal favorite activities, you may be able to obtain compensation
- Loss of consortium – injuries not only impact the victim, but their family as well. When relationships suffer as a result of the injuries to the victim, it may be possible to obtain damages.
How We Can Help With Your Injury Claim
At Injury Justice Law Firm, we work with the best experts, including medical care professionals, accident reconstruction experts, and civil engineers.
Our injury lawyers will help build the strongest possible case for you, where your claims are fully supported, documented and presented in the light specifically designed to secure the maximum recovery for your and your family.
With offices in Century City and San Fernando Valley, we focus on serious personal injury and wrongful death claims throughout California. Our Los Angeles personal injury lawyers handle a wide range of cases, including auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, premises liability, wrongful death, slip and falls, defective products among others. We also handle uninsured motorist arbitrations and “bad faith” litigation against insurance companies for wrongful denial of claims or lowball offers.
Expert Legal Representation with Personalized Care
It is also important that you have a personal injury trial attorney who is willing to file a lawsuit and take your case to trial if necessary. Why would an insurance company settle a case for a fair amount if it knows that the attorney is not prepared to fight?
Our lawyers have successfully litigated hundreds of cases and obtained significant settlements for our clients. Most importantly, you should hire an attorney you feel comfortable with and who is honest and upfront with you about your case. We will provide you with an impartial and fair assessment of your case, and throughout the course of our relationship, will keep you updated on all developments so you will never feel out of touch or out of control.
Do not let the statute of limitations run on your case. We are top-rated personal injury lawyers that are passionate about helping the injured and their families.
Contact us for a free consultation today. As soon as we are on your side, our legal team guarantees to act immediately to gather important evidence to obtain the best possible outcome. Call our attorneys at 310-734-7974.