Los Angeles Premises Liability Injury Attorney
Premises Liability Lawyers in Los Angeles Working with Clients Who Have Been Hurt in Accidents on the Property of Others
Premises liability is the area of law that allows people who have been injured in accidents caused by unreasonably dangerous conditions on the property of others to recover for their losses. These kinds of hazards that can cause serious accidents can vary widely, as can the types of accidents themselves. Similarly, premises liability cases can arise when visiting any type of property, including a private home, a shopping mall, a government building, a restaurant or bar, or a school or library.
What is critical for victims to understand is that when these types of incidents are the result of a property owner’s negligence, they can often recover for their injuries by filing a California premises liability claim. These types of legal actions can be very complicated, however, so it is critical for anyone hurt in an accident that occurred on the property owned by another person, a business, or the government to speak to a Los Angeles premises liability lawyer at our law firm as soon as they possibly can.
Types of Premises Liability Claims
Premises liability cases arise as a result of various dangerous conditions on either public or private property. Some examples of such conditions include uneven pavements, loose steps, slippery floors, defective elevators or escalators, floor or building collapse, leaking water, toxic fumes, nails sticking out, porch collapse and balcony defects.
Many different types of accidents can happen on another party’s residential or commercial property because the property owner or manager failed to properly maintain the premises. Some examples of the premises liability cases we can handle include the following:
- Slip and falls – There are many hazardous conditions that may cause you to slip and fall down while you are in a store or on another’s property. Overly worn floors or carpets, liquid spills that are not cleaned up in a timely manner, overly waxed flooring surfaces, and debris on the ground can all cause you to slip and fall down. Slip and fall accidents can cause surprisingly serious injuries including concussions and other brain injuries, broken hips and other bones, sprains and strains, and many more.
- Trip and falls – Similar to slip and falls, tripping over something can also cause you to fall down and sustain serious and lasting injuries that require medical attention. Some conditions that can cause you to trip and fall include having electrical cords that are not properly secured, objects in walkways, ramps or steps without warnings.
- Falls from heights – Falls from heights can occur in a variety of settings. For example, many shopping centers have open areas that allow visitors to look down into an atrium or other floors below. If a railing were to fail or be unreasonably short, it could result in a visitor falling from one floor to another and sustaining serious injury. Another common scenario where a fall from heights could occur is in multiple-storied buildings that are under construction. If an open fall hazard was not clearly marked or was easily accessible to visitors, it could very well result in an incident that was legally actionable.
- Swimming pool accidents – Swimming pool accidents are a common source of premises liability cases. Some of the common scenarios in which they arise include unsecured swimming pools, lack of signage indicating that there is no lifeguard on duty, inadequate supervision of swimming pool guests, defective swimming pool equipment, or negligent maintenance of the swimming pool.
- Dog bites – Dog bites claims that occur on a dog owner’s property fall under the umbrella of premises liability as a vicious dog can constitute a hazardous condition on the owner’s property. Dog bites can leave victims with extremely serious injuries, including broken bones, severe lacerations, permanent scarring, and emotional and psychological injuries.
- Construction site accidents – Construction sites are often filled with hazards that can cause serious injury. When they are the result of someone else’s negligence, however, victims can recover compensation for their losses. Some the hazards that may exist at an active construction site that are often the result of negligence include unmarked open heights, poorly constructed scaffolds, defective fall safety equipment, and unfinished guardrails along open heights.
Holding Property Owners Accountable For Your Injuries
Depending on the cause of the accident, and depending on whether any laws were violated or negligence occurred, you may be entitled to more than just compensation for the medical bills, including compensation for pain and suffering, lost wages, lost earning capacity and future rehabilitation. Sometimes the owner of the property will be liable for these damages or, if the property was leased, the tenant may be liable for these damages. A prompt investigation will be required to determine the cause of the accident and the party responsible. If you have suffered an injury due to negligence, contact a Los Angeles premises liability attorney at our office to review all the details and to discuss potential legal options.
Understanding Who Is Responsible For Your Injury
Generally, if the accident occurred on a public side walk or a parking lot, the responsibility will lie with a public entity. It could be a city, a county, or a contractor of such entity. To maximize the potential recovery, it is imperative that you retain counsel skilled pursuing government tort claims, who is aware of all procedures and deadlines, and who can be sure that your claim is properly presented in a timely fashion.
Seek Immediate Intervention By A Personal Injury Lawyer
When you suffer an injury from a trip and fall or a slip and fall on the public property, the last thing on your mind is preserving evidence. In situations like these, people are frequently overcome with fear, pain and anxiety. This is why it’s so important to call an attorney right away. A skilled, caring, and knowledgeable personal injury attorney at attorney at Injury Justice Law Firm LLP will intervene immediately to make sure you document all injuries, seeks appropriate medical care, and preserve the evidence on site.
We Have Experts To Investigate Your Injury Case
Our Los Angeles personal injury law firm has a reliable team of experts, from medical experts to accident reconstruction experts, professional engineers and vocational experts, ready to investigate your case. These experts will go out to the premises, take photographs, measure the cracks in pavement and traction of the floors, talk to witnesses, examine the scene of the accident, review reports, and conduct any investigation necessary.
We Fight To Protect The Rights Of The Injured
In premises liability cases, evidence may become lost or destroyed over time. Witnesses forget the details and become unavailable. Insurance companies will do their best to pressure, scare or intimidate you into accepting a lower settlement than you might be entitled to. So it is important to contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after the accident occurred. Our lawyers will conduct immediate investigation into your case and make sure that all evidence is preserved to maximize your chance of prevailing and obtaining the maximum possible recovery.
Call a Los Angeles Premises Liability Attorney
Accidents that happen on the property of others often entitle victims to significant compensation for their injuries. For this reason, anyone hurt in an accident caused by a hazardous condition on public or private property should speak to an attorney as soon as possible. At Injury Justice Law Firm, our Los Angeles premises liability attorneys are committed to providing zealous representation to injury victims and understand how to get our clients the compensation they deserve.
Call us immediately for an case assessment and intervention so that our Los Angeles premises liability lawyers can protect your rights and ensure the maximum possible recovery for you and your family. Contact our law office at 310-734-7974 for a free consultation or send us email through our online contact form.
We speak English, Russian, Spanish, or Armenian.