Unsafe Lane Change And Consequences
Unsafe lane change is without a doubt one of the most common causes of commercial truck accidents on the road. Statistics perfectly demonstrate that unsafe lane change is a cause of a vast majority of car accidents every single year. If you or maybe your family members were in an accident, which resulted from improper lane change of another driver (truck driver, commercial vehicle and others), it is crucial to find a skillful as well as genuinely professional legal representative as soon as possible.
The following are examples of dangerous lane changing:
- Not using the turn signals when making a lane change
- Proceeding to change lanes on stop sign, red light, intersection as well as other traffic signals
- Trying to change lanes at high speed
These traumas and injuries may be a result of highway motorcycle collision:
- Brain injuries as well as other head traumas
- Lacerations as well as face injuries and traumas
- Internal hemorrhage as well as internal organ failure
- Brain hemorrhage
- Broken or fractured bones
- Face fractures
- Burns and related traumas
- Cuts, scrapes and bruises
What you need to do after a street or highway lane change collision:
- Make sure that you and everyone around you are safe. Surely, your safety and safety of others will be the first priority. In case you or people around you were injured, find medical attention quickly.
- Do not make any attempts of discussing the fault or apologies with other drivers. All you will say may and will be used against you in court, should you be looking for compensation.
- Call the local police department and notify authorities about the collision. If you have a trustworthy personal injury attorney, make sure you contact him or her as well.
- If you are not injured and you can proceed safely, you should ask another driver for his or her contact info, insurance, registration and driver’s license. Write all the data down. In case you have a camera on the phone, ask the other driver if it will be ok to take pictures of his documents.
- If there are witnesses around and they are prepared to testify in court on your behalf, make sure you get their contact info as well.
- Be attentive and make sure you consider every word, since everything you say will be used against you in the court of law.
If you were injured in an accident involving commercial truck unsafe lane change, call our Injury Justice Law Firm LLP at (818) 642-5229, or email us online.
Inna Demin, ESQ
Injury Justice Law Firm LLP